Wednesday 21 August 2013

Celebrities in Crochet

One thing about being in the vintage fashion industry, it's not a problem if you're behind the times. In fact, it's necessary.

Last October I posted about my surprise at how popular crochet was, and featured Jennifer Lopez in amazing pair of crochet shorts and midriff baring top. Last week I was having my hair done and browsing trashy mags, as you do, and I noticed Paris Hilton sporty a gorgeous crochet dress/coverup. This got me thinking, what other celebrities like crochet?  I googled a whole lot of photos, which told me that crochet was really popular in 2011! Only two years too late.

This is what, or rather, who, I found:
Beyoncé loved it so much, she bought it in two colours.


Cate Blanchett does granny squares
with style - artsy and classy.
I can't imagine anyone else getting
away with this one.
 









Eva Longoria's dress is just exquisite. I wish I had the pattern (again!). Classy, cool and pretty.

Kourtney Kardashian's mini dress is almost as cute as her little boy.







Miranda Kerr's mini is cuter (or not) than her big boy, Orlando, depending on who you ask.

 

Selena Gomez and her version of the cute mini:





I wonder if any of these gals knows a crochet hook from a knitting needle.





And, finally, Paris Hilton, not in the dress I saw which inspired this article. I can't believe there's no photo of the white one, but this black one is very similar. Clearly, she has a wardrobe full of them, not to mention the famous trikini.





 
I bet there's an army of granny's out there trying to replicate the pattern for this onesie.
If I find it, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment